This video is footage of a street brawl taking place in a Russian stadium parking lot before a soccer game. Soccer is obviously very popular in other countries and their fans are notoriously wild and crazy. However, sometimes this passion spirals out of control and can create deadly scenarios. Do you think the actions of these fans can be justified? Why do you think their actions are so extreme? Do you think this level of passion and enthusiasm is healthy? Is the game/rivalry the only reason they're fighting or do you think there are other underlying tensions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- Vroom vroom (1)
Followers
Powered by Blogger.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(18)
-
▼
January
(12)
- Pro Ana
- Car Enthusiasts
- Soccer Hooligan Mayhem
- Hardcore Mosh Pit
- Soccer Hooligan Mayhem
- Racial Satire
- Tokyo Game Show 2009: Cosplay
- IGN Pro Gaming Tournament Recap: IPL 3 In 2 Minutes.
- The Great Meteor of 1998
- This documentary trailer discusses a subset of fan...
- This vlog is a discussion about the history and co...
- Identity and Fandom
-
▼
January
(12)
I don't think the action of 'war' or 'combat' between soccer fans is a justifiable action for the sake of being a fan. There was probably a lot of tension building up to the game but taking it out like this doesn't make sense. Let your team do the talking by spanking the opponent. Don't fight their fight. It was crazy how they had tactics of regrouping and funneling the enemy onto the bridge. Its ridiculous. I would hope their is an underlying reason why these fans decided to try to kill each other and not just for the game.
ReplyDeleteNo matter how intense a game gets, there is no justification for getting into a physical fight with complete strangers. Their actions are probably so extreme because it was a rival game, but the passion shown by these fans doesn't seem healthy. Because this fight is happening in the middle of the street, i don't think there are any underlying tensions between these groups of people. I think this fight is just because of the game and that doesn't seem reasonable to me.
ReplyDeleteWhere was the local police service? Its pretty sad that these kinds of individuals can get away with this kind of crap. This was poor decision making at its finest. The shooting of flares was a nice touch. I wonder which team won the match that followed?
ReplyDeleteAs a sports fan, I understand how your emotions can get the best of you especially right before a game but this is ridiculous. You might not like someone for who they root for but at least you can respect them and not get into a situation like this. I get the feeling that many of these fans had their fair share of alcohol before this fight which can give a man a little more confidence then he should. With a brawl this large the local police would probably be a minority in this scrum.
ReplyDeleteI'm honestly hung up on the fact that the narrator referred to them as "hooligans". That made me lol. Anyway, this was not passion. This was pure anger and rage. I feel there are underlying reasons for these battles, but I bet they vary from person to person. What I'm getting at is that people might use these insane battles as a way of dealing with other things that are going on in their life, but they just use the game and their team spirit as a justification for their actions - which btw I don't think this is a good way to solve/prove anything.
ReplyDeleteSome people take things too seriously. While I understand people backing up their sport teams because it represents them/where they come from... by fighting the other team for "respect", you're letting everyone down. In my opinion, the winner is the one who can go without fighting. The ones that want to fight are just showing off their immaturity and lack of intelligence. There are bigger things in this world than which soccer team is "better". And whether your team wins or loses, showing that you can avoid violence will always make you the better man.
ReplyDeleteWhile being enthusiastic about sports can be a good thing, these people are taking it way too far. Fights like this can have serious consequences and can even result in death. The fact that people are willing to get seriously injured over a sports game is mind blowing. It also gives a bad reflection upon the team. It makes their fans look like rude & brutal people. Exchanging some mild insults in the parking lot is one thing, but attacking the other fans like it's world war 3 is out of hand.
ReplyDeleteThis can never be justified, sports are for fun and they are games, nothing more. This is by no means a reason to fight. These fans don't even truly impact the outcome on the game. Maybe this makes them feel more significant? These people need to rethink their priorities and find something else to be passionate about.
ReplyDeleteThe action of these fans can never be justified. Even one side win the fight, doesn't mean their team could also win. This action is extremly dangerous and it can rise to very bad consequence. People need more rational thinking other than fight with each other.
ReplyDeleteI don't think their action is not an extension of fandom. This is just a fighting cannot be justified. They are not respect their soccer team and, by extension, the sports "soccer". They looks as immature people who cannot control their emotions and feelings.
ReplyDeleteI do NOT think their actions are justified. Physically harming someone based off of fandom is WAY too extreme. Not that I agree with the fans but I feel like their reasoning for going to such drastic measures is to defend their team and show that they are the best. Even this, is completely unreasonable and unhealthy. If there are any underlying intentions, I would like to hear them because as far as I can see this whole thing is just idiotic and ignorant.
ReplyDeleteSoccer fans all over the world have been fighting for their teams for many years and it has never and never will be justified for fans to fight over a game. However, I think the game of soccer for many people, especially those in Europe, has transformed into a source of national pride for their respective countries. Although this doesn't justify their actions, it could make it a little easier to understand why these people are so passionate about their teams.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed this video much more than the other one from group two. I can see how a conflict like this could take place. I mean I like to bad stuff, 'cause its fun. I like doing hoodrat things with my friends... But in all seriousness I don't think any of those fans could justify a fight like that. I can see how someone would get swept up into a mob like that, trying to prove that their teams fan are the toughest and the others suck. But in reality, the situation was extremely dangerous. It would be too easy for something to go really wrong and result in someone getting seriously injured or killed.
ReplyDelete