http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJYT2dG_8Tw
This video is of a hardcore mosh pit. The people dancing just dance however they feel like dancing. Some people dance to this to blow off steam and for physical activity. People that dance this way say that it is not intent to be violent though it may look that way. Do you think this is a good technique to blow off steam? Do you think people that participate in this try to hide it or are perfectly willing to let everyone know? How do you think others perceive people that partake in this? Do you think the music that goes with this dancing makes it appear worse than what it is?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- Vroom vroom (1)
Followers
Powered by Blogger.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(18)
-
▼
January
(12)
- Pro Ana
- Car Enthusiasts
- Soccer Hooligan Mayhem
- Hardcore Mosh Pit
- Soccer Hooligan Mayhem
- Racial Satire
- Tokyo Game Show 2009: Cosplay
- IGN Pro Gaming Tournament Recap: IPL 3 In 2 Minutes.
- The Great Meteor of 1998
- This documentary trailer discusses a subset of fan...
- This vlog is a discussion about the history and co...
- Identity and Fandom
-
▼
January
(12)
Maybe I will not understand what kind of culture it is, but trust me, it is really awesome. Strong rhythm and strong feeling.Muscles and tattoo.Crushes and standing up again. All the elements in the video show people's desire of being release themselves. It is not about violence or to hurt anyone else. It is just to show yourselves and express your feeling in a wild way.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI like the music that inspires moshing, it has true feeling and emotion in it, unlike so much of the music today. The dancing does make the music seem angry or violent and it doesn't have to be, it's just sung in a way that sounds angry to those who don't listen to it. I don't hardcore dance myself, but that is my personal choice. I understand the feeling of letting go and truly being surrounded by a feeling and being moved to move with it.
ReplyDeleteactually, i am a little bit shocked by this video. is it true or they are just showing something. the music is really powerful here with energetic actions. if someone invites me to dance like this, i might be dancing unless i were drunk. anyway, this kind of culture is awesome as it shows.
ReplyDeleteI've always cringed at mosh pits. They can be brutal and dangerous and they scare me since I would die and get trampled. I never knew people did it to release themselves and blow off steam. I always just thought they were drunk and the music provoked them. But I can understand it somewhat. It does seem like it would be a total relief to just release your craziness and blow off some steam.
ReplyDeletePersonally, I dont get the appeal of a mosh pit. To others this could be a great way to blow of some steam though, and it isn't hurting anyone. People who participate in mosh pits tend to be outspoken and let people know that they love moshing. I think to a lot of people mosh pits seem weird and a little dumb, mainly because of the music. The music is definitely an acquired tase and that probably changes opinions on the activity.
ReplyDeleteI've never seen this before, but its pretty interesting. I don't think i would ever do this myself, but I can definitely see how people can release their emotions by doing this sort of thing, similar to how people sometimes go to the gym or do other hardcore physical activity to vent their emotions.
ReplyDeleteThis is insane. I'm not a big fan of this type of music and i don't see the reason for being a part of a mosh pit. It isn't very enjoyable and there is a good chance you'll get hurt. When you are inside one you have no idea what is happening and where you are going and people get hurt.
ReplyDeleteI think that is is a good to blow off steam cause its fun to just hit things. I thinks some might hide it cause they are afraid of what others might think but there are probably some that don't. I think that these people are weird and that this music sucks. You cant understand it and it just sounds bad but that's me.
ReplyDeleteI was surprised the way how people blow off steam. This method seems dangerous and violence to me. If I blow off steam in this way, I could get hurts from somebody or someone else would be hurt by me. I will rather run or do the exercise.
ReplyDeleteI must be one of the many people who just doesn't get it. The video seemed ridiculous on numerous levels. I understand that people feel the need to express themselves in different ways and I'm completely okay with that. But I don't know what kind of expression is coming out through "hardcore dance". I know you'll never find me in the middle of a mosh pit flailing my arms and legs around while some band is screaming incoherently into a mic, but to each their own.
ReplyDeleteHonestly, my first impression of this video was that it was stupid. Usually I can see the other side of the coin and at least empathize with what I see other people doing but this video just seems a little pointless. I guess it is a good way to blow off steam but why not join a boxing gym if you want to stand around punching things? At least that way you actually get to hit something...
ReplyDelete