Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- Vroom vroom (1)
Followers
Powered by Blogger.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(18)
-
▼
January
(12)
- Pro Ana
- Car Enthusiasts
- Soccer Hooligan Mayhem
- Hardcore Mosh Pit
- Soccer Hooligan Mayhem
- Racial Satire
- Tokyo Game Show 2009: Cosplay
- IGN Pro Gaming Tournament Recap: IPL 3 In 2 Minutes.
- The Great Meteor of 1998
- This documentary trailer discusses a subset of fan...
- This vlog is a discussion about the history and co...
- Identity and Fandom
-
▼
January
(12)
This is really funny. I love the fact that there is someone out there dumb enough not only to go to facebook as a source of information but to believe the answers people give them. I'm not sure what this has to do with this class but it was an enjoyable read.
ReplyDeleteSo the bigger problem here may be that she is not familiar with the movie Armageddon. I would also assume that with grammar and spelling like that the paper will likely not fair too well. This is sad in both that her "friends" would do this to her, and that she wouldn't cross check it or see it's ridiculousness.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteWell, I don't really know where to begin. This Whitney character should never be allowed to write or speak ever again. What is a meateor? Even though it is the internet, this is still painful for me to read. Jon seems to be a pretty intelligent person though. Used real words, had complete sentences, and I learned something from his comments. What was the purpose in placing a "u" in girl. It's not an abbreviation or beneficial in any way.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could be as smart as this. All joking aside great movie other than that bad tooth guy. But this is really a lesson about how someone should research instead of letting smart asses on Facebook tell you the basic synopsis of a movie and convince you that it is real. I hope she wrote about this though. If I was the teacher it would be a nice change of pace from all the real factual papers that stupid people in the class probably wrote.
ReplyDeleteShe deserved to get taken advantage of because of the way she spelled things in her status. If she believed something like this I couldn't imagine what else people could get her to believe.
ReplyDeleteThis is funny. Although it is upsetting that her friends would ruin her paper/grade like this, it is her fault that she does not research enough to find out that "The Great Meteor of 1998" is fiction.
ReplyDeleteWow. This is wonderful. She will most likely get an A+ on that paper. Hope she doesn't find out that Bruce Willis died while leading the drilling team... of actors... from the movie, Armageddon. Sorry Whitney. I can't believe people would try to trick you like that. But maybe you were asking for it by your clear demonstration of proper grammar and display of intelligence in your Facebook posts. Oh well.
ReplyDeleteThis girl needs to learn how to type. It really doesn't take that much effort to type complete words. Half of her words are already complete so doing the rest really isn't that much work. She could at least spell the words correctly such as working or meteors. She also is INCREDIBLY gullible. She legitimately believes all this stuff these guys are telling her which is obviously made up. Asking her facebook friends was just a bad idea from the beginning.
ReplyDeleteBut definitely not to be confused with the Great Meteor of 1992... which thankfully landed in the Pacific Ocean and killed the giant octopus that was terrorizing the local fishermen there
ReplyDeleteI thought this facebook post was very interesting and informative. I never knew about the Great Asteroid of '98 and it's amazing how the government has managed to keep it so surpressed all these years. I can't wait to tell everyone I meet this crucial part of our history as Americans.
ReplyDeleteSomeone is a going to get an A++ on their paper. What the hell happened to natural selection?
ReplyDeleteI can't help but believe that this was intentionally set up to be funny and that Whitney isn't as gullible or illiterate as she makes herself seem. But besides that, I think it makes a great example of how the internet and texting is affecting peoples spelling and grammar. I think people are taking less time to make sure their sentences are clear and concise and instead are choosing speed and shortcuts.
ReplyDeletedon't be the person like him , lazy ,chatting out a solution and depending on someone else . but it is really funny like this to get the answers .
ReplyDeleteThis girl needs to learn how to spell and obviously hasnt seen the movie armageddon. I really wish I could could read the paper that she wrote...
ReplyDeleteI definitely got some laughs out of this. Hopefully she learns not to do her research on facebook. & maybe she'll learn pick up a dictionary before she makes herself look like an idiot
ReplyDeleteI think all the spelling errors are funny. The fact that someone went to facebook to get an idea about what to write about I think is also funny. Its interesting that someone actually helped and gave so much information in a comment. I'm not sure though how much information I would believe that is put on facebook. How do you know what is true?
ReplyDeleteI agree that I'm not sure what this has to do with the class, but it was quite humorous. I admit that I use abbreviations and such online, but I at least use correct grammar. She makes me want to kill things.
ReplyDeleteI don't think that this is real because Whitney seems too ignorant. She mispells everything and is using facebook to get information for a paper she needs to write. She also believes a movie plot to be a real news story. If a meteor was going to destroy the world she probably would have known about it.
ReplyDeleteI hate how people post things on facebook and act like they have never been in an english class in their life. When you post something like this you make yourself look dumb and therefore people mess with you.
ReplyDeleteI don't know how someone could butcher so many words in one post. She is clearly an idiot because she doesn't realize that this story from Jon is completely fake and based off of the movie, Armageddon. I hope this girl failed her 1000 WORD paper!
ReplyDeleteI would love to see how could she do research on that..
ReplyDeleteI was confused and had difficulty understanding the writing because of abbreviation she wrote. It was funny that she conseder his comments seriously.
ReplyDeletespend a lot of time to understand what on earth Whitney is talking about..=.= since she takes her friends' advise so seriously, i will seriously consider join her doing the research if she really could succeed researching on that...
ReplyDeleteThis girl is so cute..haha I really want to know how will she response after she knows her "friends" are having fun on her.
ReplyDelete