This is a video about a man who climbs mountains without any ropes. He just uses his hands and feet to grab onto rocks that are sometimes at 90 degree angles. Although he is the most extreme free solo climber ever, do you think his climbing his too extreme? Would you ever consider trying free solo? Alex doesn't have a job and lives out of his car, would you ever drop everything in your life for a hobby?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Like many people have said, you have to go out and find something that makes you happy and not necessarily rich. Alex has obviously found everything he has needed in life by solo climbing than money would ever bring which I find pretty cool. This hobby only endangers himself so if he is willing to take the risk I dont believe that it is too extreme. But I would never personally try this out considering how dangerous it is.
ReplyDeleteI think it is extreme but when you love something this much youre will to go to extremes and live out of a car and have no job. im sure he has no regrets about his decision. and ive been to this place and that mountain is nuts. i would never climb without safety equipment because i have never climbed before and quite frankly this would scare the crap out of me
ReplyDeleteI would not climb without any safety equipment as him. I think it is too extreme way to enjoy the mountain. I respect his hobby but if that hobby drives him to risk, he should control himself.
ReplyDeleteI'm kind of a cautious person, so this is definitely not something I'd do for fun. It seems really dangerous and kind of crazy for a hobby but if that's what he really wants to do no one can stop him. Living out of his car is really extreme though. I guess if he has a lot of money thats fine, but if something happens/when he gets too old to climb, he's going to need a job or something else to do to make money & fill his free time.
ReplyDeleteits good to see that he has found something he really loves to do. Although i dont see the enjoyment in that at all. Im already deathly afraid of heights, and climbing without any safety gear adds to how afraid i would be.
ReplyDeleteThis is insane. This looks awesome. But one fail action could kill him. He definitely find this is the hobby he loves and could even sacrifices his own life. Climbing itself is dangerous enough as a sport even with gears on. He must be crazy to do such risky action.
ReplyDeleteI saw a 60 minutes segment on this guy before. Solo climbers consist of a very small population of climbers because it is so dangerous. But there are still many who do it. He talked about how once you start going up, there is no turning back; its much more difficult to come down than it is to just keep going up. I think thats pretty crazy... what if you get stuck halfway? Anyway, this is pretty cool. I'm glad he's doing what he loves. Thats what life is about.
ReplyDeleteThis guy is just doing what he loves to do. It may be a little extreme, but if it's what he wants to do and if he's not harming anyone else by doing it, let him be. Everyone has the freedom to live how they want and if this is the lifestyle he so chooses then good for him.
ReplyDeleteCertain sports or hobbies have a degree of danger to them, but this is pretty stupid. I cannot think of any reason why this man should not be using saftey gear. I wonder if he has had any accidents so far in his career. I suppose if this is a past time that makes him happy then we should let him be content to 'live in a van down by the river' and climb his mountains.
ReplyDeleteI do believe that this is fairly extreme but it is what he loves and it shouldn't matter. Anyone could die at any given moment in time. Life is too short to play it safe or to put aside the things that you love. If he chooses to spend his life climbing and living out of a van, then have at it. Personally I wouldn't do it but thats just me. I think its great that he is doing what he enjoys the most out of life.
ReplyDeleteI am personally not into anything like this but if he likes to do it then thats great. I think this is a little too extreme though because if he ever slips, he would die. I would want to have more to life than just my car and climbing. I think that he should have a different place to live and it should not be all of his life, but still continue to do what he likes.
ReplyDeleteAlex is a climbing superstar, no doubt about it. Truly amazing mind over matter, to do what he does. However..ALL climbers slip at some point, no fault of their own. You grab onto what appears to be a very firm hand hold, but after several seconds of all your weight on it, something gives and your hand loses the grip. Personally I think maybe Alex needs to wise up, shift to using a safety line before it's too late.
ReplyDeleteThe first time I saw Alex free climbing on 60 minutes I about wet my pants. He is a freak of nature and the human mind and body shouldn't be capable of doing what he does. It's scary! He says he will only stop climbing if he stops loving it or if he dies. He's crazy but I admire him.
ReplyDelete